First comes the goal. Then comes the plan. Then, just before we start comes the resistance - the thoughts, distractions, doubts and emotions that stop us from doing our best work.
Achieving our goals means learning how to push through the resistance and do the work.
Here are some of the best ways I’ve found :
- Mediation - I use Headspace, but there are other ways
- Building Self Belief - keep an Achievement List, or write objectively in your journal
- Improving Knowledge - try reading the best of the 100s of books written on your particular resistance
- Talking It Through - with someone who’s been where you are, or who knows you better than you know yourself
- Don’t Stop To Think - read Mel Robbins’s ‘5 Second Rule’
Maybe one of them will work for you…?