What Makes A Great Book ?
I'm loving reading ‘The Courage To Be Disliked’ because so far it has ticked five of the six boxes I ask of a great book :
1. Does it make me think really deeply ?
2. Do I agree with big parts of it ?
3. Do I disagree with some parts of it ?
4. Will I recommend it to other people ?
5. Will I change how I live because of it ?
The sixth box comes at the end, once I have finished reading it, and it asks :
6. Was it good enough to replace one of the books on my all-time favourites shelf ?
At the moment it’s 50:50, but the signs are looking good….