What Makes A Great Book...?
Take a good personal development book, maybe a classic (and one of my all-time favourites) like Stephen Covey’s ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective People’…
- To get the gist, read the blurb on the cover
- To see what others think, read the Amazon reviews
- To pretend you’ve read it, read the summary on an app.
- To understand the ideas, read the book.
- To remember the key ideas, highlight stuff.
- To learn from and adapt the ideas, write notes.
- To reference the ideas, type up your notes.
- To refresh yourself on the ideas, re-read your notes.
- To share the ideas, talk about the book
- To gift the book’s wisdom, buy someone the book.
- To make a difference, read to teach.
What makes a good book a great book is what we choose to do with it…